My husband cheated on me, should I forgive me.

Forums Relationships My husband cheated on me, should I forgive me.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MILES ROSE 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Karen todd
    Participant

I caught my husband cheating on me. He was in the shower and left his phone on the kitchen table. It rang and I answered it. It was another woman asking for him, I asked why she was calling and why she wanted to talk to my husband. She was just as confused as me, did not know he was married. We talked for over 30 minutes and she told me the entire story. I confronted my husband about it a few days later, and he admitted to everything. He seems very sorry and remorseful, but now I feel betrayed and I feel that I will never be able to trust him again. What should I do? I am confused, hurt, and love him so much, but I am not sure if I can go on anymore with this relationship. Any advice?

craig hill
    Keymaster

I think it may be a little early to think about forgiving your spouse at this stage. You need to decide first if the relationship is worth saving. If you feel like it may be worth continuing on with your relationship then you both need to talk it out more. Taking a break from each other for a few weeks or long let may help you decide on which direction to go. After your break and you decide to continue then I recommend couples counseling to help get to the root of the problem. At of times when a spouse cheats on another spouse it is less about the sex and more about problems between the each of you. After the problem is discovered and you still are willing to continue on with your marriage then you have to let it go and move on. If you can’t it will only cause problems down the road.

MILES ROSE
    Participant

Well, my suggestion would be forgiving him right a way and move on with your relationship. Don’t allow such little mistake to turn your family off the way. Forgive and let it go.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Posts